REPORTING AN ABSENCEYOUR CHILD'S ATTENDANCE AT SCHOOL IS IMPORTANT. TEACHERS CAREFULLY PLAN AND SCHEDULE LESSONS, EXPERIENCES, AND EVENTS TO MAXIMIZE EACH CHILD'S LEARNING. TIME SPENT OUT OF THE CLASSROOM MEANS LOST OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN. PLEASE MAKE ILLNESS THE ONLY REASON FOR AN ABSENCE OR LATE ARRIVAL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INVESTMENT IN YOUR CHILD'S LEARNING.
You may report a student absence to main office by submitting an online reporting form, you can visit the office.
All questions and inquiries regarding attendance should be directed to (626) 599-5400 or [email protected]
- Please include the name and relationship of person reporting absence.
- Please include reason. Absences without reason will result in "unexcused absences."
- Please know that valid, excused absences include illness, medical appointment, bereavement or court appearance (for student).
- Non-valid excuses, such as vacation or travel, will “clear” the absence, but result in unexcused absences.
- Unexcused absences are considered truant and may result in SART or SARB action.
EC Section 48260 (a) A pupil subject to compulsory full-time education or to compulsory continuation education who is absent from school without a valid excuse three full days in one school year or tardy or absent for more than a 30-minute period during the school day without a valid excuse on three occasions in one school year, or any combination thereof, shall be classified as a truant and shall be reported to the attendance supervisor or to the superintendent of the school district.